- Weekly Wear Over Daily Wear - One of the ways that you can save on cheap contact lenses without sacrificing on quality is to purchase weekly, over daily disposables. Despite the fact that people are required to change them every night, they are over all more expensive because they require you to change them every day. This requires a lot of different contact lenses. You can save money if you are willing to go with a weekly wear. However, the contact lenses that can be worn for an entire month or 6 months at a time can be more expensive than the weekly wear.
- Be willing to Look Online - There is no doubt that there are possible dangers associated with purchasing your contact lenses online. However, there are plenty of legitimate sites that can offer you lenses at an affordable price.
- Current Prescription - In order to get new cheap contact lenses, you will be required to give the provider a current prescription.
- 1800contacts.com - One of the best web sites when it comes to finding cheap contacts is 1800contacts.com.
- Hard Contacts over Soft Contacts - Another switch that you can make in order to save yourself a ton of money is to make the switch from hard to soft contacts. There are a few different features about hard contacts that allow them to be more affordable. For starters, they are less likely to get scratched and need to be replaced. Hard contacts are also less expensive because they are not used as often and a lot of people think that they are not as comfortable. Another potential draw back associated with hard contacts over soft contacts is that they can take longer to get used to.
- Purchase in a Large Quantity - You can also find cheap contacts if you are willing to purchase in a bigger quantity.
Other things to Consider when you are Looking for Cheap Contacts
- Look for an FDA Approval - The FDA is the Food and Drug Administration. When it comes to contact lenses, there are been certain brands and products that have been stamped by the FDA as safe. If you are ever worried about the brand or safety of a product, this seal can give you an extra sense of security.
- Safety - Never, ever purchase or open contact lenses that have already been tampered with, or are in a broken box. This can put your eyes in danger, and you could be wearing lenses that are not fit for your eyes.